One of the main reasons why I started blogging was to be able to share my Sisterlocks journey. I realized that I haven’t really said much about them so this blog post is dedicated to my babies. I call them my babies because I have to care for them as if they were my kids. Nourish them, maintain them, clean them, etc. That way they will grow from babies to mature adults 🙂
Lets start with my Sisterlocks Birth Certificate!
- Installation Date(s): June 8-15th
Typically an install would take two days but y’all know I had to be different. My sisterlock consultant had to do mine in a weeks time.
- Number of Locks: 532 (yes I’ve actually counted)
- Size of Locks: My locks are considered Small/Medium
- Locking Pattern: I actually don’t know…probably should find out right?! Lol
- Length of Hair at Install: 8 inches
- Location of Install: Dumfries, VA
I will say my decision to lock my hair has been a great decision. I love the low maintenance! No more having to “do” my hair before work. Just get up and go. In about a month I will celebrate 1 year and this truly excites me. I can’t wait to see what the next few years will bring!
Below is a pic from the day after my installation:
A couple weeks ago (10.5 months):