Good Morning My Good People!
This post is long overdue but better late than never! 🙂 In June I celebrated my 2 year loc anniversary!!! It still amazes me that I’ve actually kept them in this long. But every day I fall more and more in love with them and remain very proud of my decision to loc my hair. Below are some updates:
1. I no longer band and/or braid (if you are a Sisterlocker you will know exactly what this means).
2. I can now use moisturizer (which is awesome because dry hair/scalp is no bueno!!).
3. I now have some hang time (yes LAWD! I can throw these babies in a ponytail and have some hangage lol).
4. I am not fully locked yet. The shafts of my strands are fully locked however my ends have not sealed yet.
5. My re-tightenings are every 6 weeks ( I started off with every 4 weeks).
6. I still get slippage. That’s primarily because of my hair texture, so in essence this will be inevitable for me.
7. Curls are my bestfriends (primarily because I have a sensitive scalp and most updos give me a headache).
8. Comparison pictures are below.
Left: 4 months Right: 2 yrs
I hope you enjoyed the update in my journey. Leave a comment if you so choose! 🙂
Locs, Love, Life!